Meet John

Great news to share: Heart Transplant Patient Marks 30 Years Since Transplant.


John McCafferty, 70, from Newport Pagnell, UK was given five years to live when he had his operation in 1982 at Harefield Hospital, Middlesex.

"I am astounded and slightly shocked that I have managed to get as far as I have," he said.
 
What is his secret recipe for success?
He said the factors he feels helped him survive for so long are a positive attitude and keeping mobile.

'I'm just grateful' "To sit and vegetate is not my scene, I've got to keep myself active," he said.

He added: "Is it worthwhile people donating their organs? When you look at somebody like me, then of course it is absolutely worth it.

"I don't know what's round the corner, I don't know what is in the future, I'm just grateful to the donor who has given me that 30 years

BEADONOR.CA

No comments:

Post a Comment